We haven't had much activity at our backyard bird feeders this week. The hummers are actually more active - all Anna's at this point. But the only visitors to the seed feeders the past couple of days have been Black-capped Chickadees.Through most of July, we saw a lot of Black-headed Grosbeaks, House Finches, and Purple Finches. The American Crows pounded the feeders and made a lot of noise. Mourning Doves fed mostly on the ground. American Goldfinches dropped by. Western Gray Squirrels enjoyed the things that splashed onto the ground, and we added plenty of sunflower seeds on the ground.
Now it's very quiet out there. I think I know why. There are a lot of berries and other natural seeds available now. At Finley Wildlife Refuge today, I saw a lot of birds in the elderberry bushes and other yummy places.This is probably obvious, but it just occurred to me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment